All activities are canceled until further notice. Any questions please contact Judy Moore at 716-536-1261.
The C Dee Wright Community Center is located at 11 Church Street. It is in the middle of Akron NY across from Russell Park at the corner of Church and John. The Wright started as the Newstead Town Hall. The building was purchased by the Akron First United Methodist Church when it was decommissioned and replaced by the newly renovated Town Hall on Clarence Center Road.
The Akron First United Methodist Church has owned the C. Dee Wright Community Center Building for about 10 years. Its official name is C. Dee Wright Community Ministry Center but has become known simply as the “Wright”. The church supports the Wright Center by providing the building “rent free” as a community outreach whose mission is to offer Help and Hope especially to the underserved.
The Wright Center is intended to be self-sufficient. We maintain our services and the building through a combination of fund raisers and donations from individuals, businesses and organizations. The Wright is managed by a Board of Directors that represent many facets of the village and town.